POLARIS RZR® FACTORY RACING TEAM SETS NEW RECORD FOR MOST WINS
Minneapolis (Jan. 7, 2019) – Polaris RZR® Factory Racing concluded its 2018 race season with an unprecedented, record-setting win total. In 2018, Polaris RZR Factory Racing accumulated 50 wins and 118 total podiums.
The team’s 50 wins exceeded the dominate 43-win performance the team generated in the 2016 and 2017 seasons combined. The momentum the team brought in 2018 resulted in victories at largely every race, including championships in the WORCS, SCORE, Lucas Oil Off Road Racing and Best in the Desert racing series.
“It’s been a fantastic year of racing with incredible results,” said Kyle Duea, Vice President of ORV Marketing at Polaris Industries. “The tremendous amount of dedication that went into training and preparation by the racers and their teams was incredible. We can’t wait to keep the momentum going as we gear up for a successful 2019 season.”
2018 season highlights from Polaris RZR Factory Racing, include:
- Polaris RZR Factory Race team swept multiple podiums, including the GMZ UTV Winter Nationals Casey Folks Parker 250, King of the Hammers, Mint 400, Baja 500, Lucerna Tijuana Score Desert Challenge, Laughlin Desert Classic, and WORCS SXS Finals
- Wayne Matlock achieved a monumental first-in-class win for UTV and overall SCORE Series Championship Title in the Baja 1000
- Brandon Schueler came out of the gate stealing the season opener victory at the GMZ UTV Winter Nationals Casey Folks Parker 250
- Ronnie Anderson swept the Pro Side-by-Side class for the WORCS season opener in the RZR® RS1 just days following its commercial release - and secured the title in SXS Pro and SXS Pro Stock races
- Mitch Guthrie Jr. picked up his first career win at King of the Hammer’s and took home the title
- RZR Factory Race team stole victories at 50th anniversary Mint 400 in all three UTV Classes
- Kristen Matlock became the first woman to win overall UTV NA class at Baja 500 with teammate Branden Sims securing a first-place win in Pro UTV Forced Induction
- RZR Racers stole eight first-place titles including; Pro Stock, Pro Turbo, and 1000 Stock class
More information about Polaris Off-Road Vehicles can be found at RZR.Polaris.com. Also visit us and join the conversation on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris’ innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerica Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets globally include military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
More Like This
UPCOMING DIRTTRAX AIRTIMES
LATEST VIDEOS View All
2019 Yamaha Wolverine X4 EPS SE Walk Around & First Impressions
September 12, 2019
Luke lays down his thoughts on the smooth and snazzy 2019 Yamaha Wolverine X4 SE. Full review ...
Prospect Goggle by SCOTT Sports Review
September 11, 2019
AJ reviews the Prospect Goggle from SCOTT Sports.
Behind the Scenes Trail Tech Shop Tour
September 10, 2019
A look at what is coming in the shop this season on Dirt Trax TV!
Full Review of the 2019 Honda Talon 1000X
September 17, 2019
Luke gets excited to finally put the boots to the 2019 Honda Talon 1000X on his home turf.
Evolution of the ARGO Frontier Platform
September 18, 2019
Back at Dirt Trax HQ, Mark details how ARGO has maintained its dominance in the off-road marketplace ...
Top Gear View All
September 16, 2019
AJK OFFROAD Fire Extinguisher Mount
Billet aluminum construction and machined in the USA, AJK OFFROAD's design uses nylon bushing, washers, and springs. This design eliminates ...
Ask Motorhead View All
April 18, 2017
WILDCAT TRAIL VS. WILDCAT SPORT
Would you be happier with a Wildcat Trail or would you go for a Wildcat Sport if you had your choice?
Headlines View All
September 18, 2019
Taiga unveils Orca: an electric personal watercraft in a class of its own
Taiga Motors, the Canadian company behind the world’s first electric snowmobiles, presents their first electric personal watercraft, ...
Tourism View All
November 17, 2017
WIN AN OFF-ROAD FAMILY ADVENTURE GETAWAY
Win an Off-Road Family Adventure Getaway at Spearhead Trails in beautiful Southwest Virginia.