POLARIS RZR® FACTORY RACING TEAM SETS NEW RECORD FOR MOST WINS
Minneapolis (Jan. 7, 2019) – Polaris RZR® Factory Racing concluded its 2018 race season with an unprecedented, record-setting win total. In 2018, Polaris RZR Factory Racing accumulated 50 wins and 118 total podiums.
The team’s 50 wins exceeded the dominate 43-win performance the team generated in the 2016 and 2017 seasons combined. The momentum the team brought in 2018 resulted in victories at largely every race, including championships in the WORCS, SCORE, Lucas Oil Off Road Racing and Best in the Desert racing series.
“It’s been a fantastic year of racing with incredible results,” said Kyle Duea, Vice President of ORV Marketing at Polaris Industries. “The tremendous amount of dedication that went into training and preparation by the racers and their teams was incredible. We can’t wait to keep the momentum going as we gear up for a successful 2019 season.”
2018 season highlights from Polaris RZR Factory Racing, include:
- Polaris RZR Factory Race team swept multiple podiums, including the GMZ UTV Winter Nationals Casey Folks Parker 250, King of the Hammers, Mint 400, Baja 500, Lucerna Tijuana Score Desert Challenge, Laughlin Desert Classic, and WORCS SXS Finals
- Wayne Matlock achieved a monumental first-in-class win for UTV and overall SCORE Series Championship Title in the Baja 1000
- Brandon Schueler came out of the gate stealing the season opener victory at the GMZ UTV Winter Nationals Casey Folks Parker 250
- Ronnie Anderson swept the Pro Side-by-Side class for the WORCS season opener in the RZR® RS1 just days following its commercial release - and secured the title in SXS Pro and SXS Pro Stock races
- Mitch Guthrie Jr. picked up his first career win at King of the Hammer’s and took home the title
- RZR Factory Race team stole victories at 50th anniversary Mint 400 in all three UTV Classes
- Kristen Matlock became the first woman to win overall UTV NA class at Baja 500 with teammate Branden Sims securing a first-place win in Pro UTV Forced Induction
- RZR Racers stole eight first-place titles including; Pro Stock, Pro Turbo, and 1000 Stock class
More information about Polaris Off-Road Vehicles can be found at RZR.Polaris.com. Also visit us and join the conversation on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris’ innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerica Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets globally include military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
More Like This
UPCOMING DIRTTRAX AIRTIMES
Can-Am Revolutionizes the On-the-job Experience with a Revamped Defender Lineup and All-New 6x6 Model
LATEST VIDEOS View All
2020 Honda Pioneer 1000 Walk Around & First Impressions
June 15, 2019
Luke dishes out his first impressions of the 2020 Honda Pioneer 1000.
2020 Honda ATV Lineup Overview
June 14, 2019
Luke is here to give you a closer look at what is to come from Honda's 2020 ATV division including ...
2020 Honda Talon 1000X-4 & 2020 Talon 1000X-4 Fox Live Valve Walk Around & First Impressions
June 13, 2019
Dirt Trax got the invite from Honda to attend the intro of the all-new 2020 Honda Talon 1000X-4 ...
The Right Way To Wash Your Dirty ATV
May 3, 2019
AJ walks through proper powerwashing techniques and shows why PowerPlay’s super-powerful Terrex ...
Maybe The Best Way To Fix A Flat Tire
April 26, 2019
Luke is in the TRAIL TECH shop showing us how to fix the flat on our RZR RS1 using TireJect ...
Top Gear View All
April 25, 2019
Pelican R20 Personal Utility Ruck Case
The ultimate personal utility case for your personal gear that’s crushproof, dustproof, and adventure proof. Strategic organization ...
Ask Motorhead View All
April 18, 2017
WILDCAT TRAIL VS. WILDCAT SPORT
Would you be happier with a Wildcat Trail or would you go for a Wildcat Sport if you had your choice?
Headlines View All
June 6, 2019
POLARIS RZR® RECORDS TWO CLASS WINS AT BAJA 500
RZR Factory Driver Craig Scanlon Wins Pro UTV Forced Induction; RZR Sponsored Athlete Kaden Wells Wins Pro UTV NA
Tourism View All
November 17, 2017
WIN AN OFF-ROAD FAMILY ADVENTURE GETAWAY
Win an Off-Road Family Adventure Getaway at Spearhead Trails in beautiful Southwest Virginia.