Eastern Canada: Getting Better With Age
By: John Arkwright
Ontario offers some excellent riding opportunities and Eastern Ontario is one of its best ATV playgrounds.
Much of this region is under the umbrella of the Eastern Ontario Trails Alliance. Now in its tenth season of operation and led by Director, Cindy Cassidy, the EOTA has worked hard to bring upwards of ninety businesses and most of the district’s townships and municipalities together working as partners.
The organization covers a sizeable chunk of real estate stretching from the city of Belleville, on the shores of the Bay of Quinte, all the way to Lake St. Peter bordering on the enormous Algonquin Provincial Park to the northwest.
The trails in the EOTA are made up of about 70 percent rail beds and the remaining 30 percent are old logging and forest access trails. There’s great riding here for families and visitors need to see the Open Pit Mine viewing station at Marmora.
As you ride north towards the Canadian Shield, you’ll notice the landscape change to hills and rock. Riding here is more challenging with some rail bed, but mostly old logging and forest access trails. This area can be very muddy and in these murky holes lay a surplus of rocks. Make sure you have a tire plug kit and some Flat Proof in your gear bag.
The southern portion of the EOTA has seen less snow the past few winters and you can get great early season ATV riding here. Both experienced and novice riders will find these trails exciting, fun and safe.
For more information, visit the EOTA website at www.thetrail.ca and call 1-877-889-8810.
More Like This
UPCOMING DIRTTRAX AIRTIMES
LATEST VIDEOS View All
Closer Look at the 2020 Defender 6x6 and Pro
January 2, 2020
In a special edition of TEST RIDE, Luke does a deep dive into Can-Am’s 2020 Defender line-up ...
ITP Tenacity XSR & XNR Tire Overview
January 1, 2020
AJ's in the TRAIL TECH shop giving you an overview of ITP’s newest premier high-performance ...
First Ride on The 2020 CFMOTO CForce 1000 2-Passenger ATV
December 31, 2019
Thanks to an early snowfall at home, Luke loads up the trailer and heads to Gopher Dunes riding ...
Dirt Trax TV 2019 - Episode 19 Preview
December 23, 2019
Coming up on the next episode of Dirt Trax TV...
Marlon's Explore Pro II Deck For Hauling Your SXS
December 26, 2019
AJ shows-off Marlon’s Explore Pro II sled deck equipped with the SxS Riser kit. It’s a marriage ...
Top Gear View All
December 23, 2019
New Mirror for Yamaha Wolverine & YXZ1000R
A new Yamaha center mirror and mounting bracket are available for Wolverine X2/X4 and YXZ1000R and SS models, providing superior optical ...
Ask Motorhead View All
April 18, 2017
WILDCAT TRAIL VS. WILDCAT SPORT
Would you be happier with a Wildcat Trail or would you go for a Wildcat Sport if you had your choice?
Headlines View All
February 5, 2020
Can-Am Rules the 2020 King of the Hammers
Can-Am Maverick X3 Racers Swept the Podium in what’s considered the world’s most grueling one-day race
Tourism View All
November 17, 2017
WIN AN OFF-ROAD FAMILY ADVENTURE GETAWAY
Win an Off-Road Family Adventure Getaway at Spearhead Trails in beautiful Southwest Virginia.