BRING on the SNOW
+ Popular snow-riding track conversion kit available for 2019 Maverick Sport vehicles
+ Purpose-built for snow and adventuring off the beaten path
+ Can-Am ATV and SSV compatible
Winter can mean different things to different Can-Am® owners, depending on where they live. For those in the Desert Southwest of the United States, it means sand dune season and more riding. But for those owners in the northern climates, it is typically characterized by snow, frozen lakes and up to four months of brutally cold weather. Often, time is better spent behind the window pane of a warm cabin rather than romping outside smack dab in the white-out and wind chills. Some choose to park their favorite Can-Am ATV and SSV until the harsh, freezing time passes, but with the introduction of the Apache Backcountry track kit, and all the sure-footedness that it delivers, that’s no longer necessary.
Now owners can warm their feet by the fire after they journey off the beaten path or put in a good day’s work floating over the snow rather than trying to trudge through it.
The no compromises Apache Backcountry Track Kit is made specifically for snow and all its varying forms, from deep snow pack to fresh powder to carving through mountainous terrain. The Apache Backcountry Track Kit is now available in Can-Am dealerships and includes a two-year warranty and free installation! The kit has also expanded to include the 2019 Outlander and Renegade ATVs and the Maverick Sport family of side-by-side vehicles, making it easier to get out an enjoy this fourth season, one that can be as beautiful as it is abominable.
Can-Am Apache Backcountry Track Kit Vehicle Fitment:
- Maverick Sport - NEW
- Maverick Trail
- Outlander and Renegade ATVs
- 2-year warranty NEW
- Free Installation (through Dec. 31, 2018) NEW
- Traditional four-season tracks can sacrifice performance in snowy conditions in order to improve all-around performance. The Apache Backcountry kit was designed to elevate performance in the snow, blending BRP’s renowned Ski-Doo® snowmobile and existing-and-proven innovative Apache 360 Track System technologies to create the industry’s most sophisticated Can-Am snow track kit.
- Designed exclusively by Can-Am for Can-Am off-road vehicles. This means the Apache track kits are built around Can-Am vehicles and nothing else, so no shortcuts or compromises were made.
- The high-quality Apache family of track systems includes the built-for-snow Apache Backcountry track kit and the four-season Apache 360 and 360 LT kits.
- All the track kits are engineered from the Can-Am factory for perfect fitment, seamless integration and premier functionality.
- The Apache Backcountry kit is built to optimally match engine output and support chassis performance while also delivering maximum performance without jeopardizing the vehicle or the track’s durability.
- The ultra-rugged system includes an innovative DPS module that intelligently ensures speedometer accuracy and also optimizes track assist for ease of steering and precision control.
Hours of engineering, in-field research and product development advancements have created the purpose-built Apache Backcountry track system, which features leading-edge snow technology. While the Apache 360 LT kit is capable in the snow and adapted for four-season use, it’s the Apache Backcountry track kit that is the most complete and dedicated product to help you achieve your winter endeavors.
- Aggressive track and industry-leading design: Large 2-in. lug height and 3-in. pitch for maximum traction in deep snow.
- Largest contact patch anywhere: 14’’ x 138’’ (36 cm x 351 cm) rear track and 13.5’’ x 96’’ front track (34 cm x 244 cm)
- Highest available track flotation
- Largest contact patch anywhere: 2,830 in.2
- Lowest pressure per square inch: 0.44 lb./in.2
- Added ground clearance of 7”
- From contact to top of track offers 20.3” of ground clearance for deep snow performance
- Efficient frame and rail design ensures weight is evenly distributed on snow
- Optimized gear ratio: 17-tooth sprocket with large 3” pitch delivers 7% more speed than the Apache 360s, resulting in better performance in deep snow. External drive system ensures slip-free riding and maximum power transfer.
- The enclosed anti-rotation arm improves control and performance with an integrated adjustable pre-load spring and multiple rubber dampers.
- Offers a lower rolling resistance than the competition, allowing for a more efficient transfer of horsepower to the ground.
- Curved front rail improves steering ease.
- Optional idler wheels and sliders with Vespel inserts increase slider lifespan in harder snow conditions.
- Snowmobile-type sliding tensioner
In Can-Am dealerships now
$5,349.99: Maverick Sport / Maverick Trail (715005247); 2019 Outlander and Renegade ATV (except 6x6 models).
Mounting kit required for all vehicles: $649.99: 2019 Maverick Sport / 2018-2019 Maverick Trail (715004285); $524.99: 2019 Outlander and Renegade ATVs (715004796). For 2018 ATVs and prior, check the fitment guide here.
The four-season Apache 360 LT and 360 track kits include a two-year warranty. The snow-ready Apache Backcountry Track Kits include a one-year warranty.
For more information, visit: https://can-am.brp.com/off-road/track-systems.html
Also, check out the online Can-Am store or your local Can-Am dealer for more accessories and apparel.
More Like This
UPCOMING DIRTTRAX AIRTIMES
LATEST VIDEOS View All
BEST UTV 2018
January 4, 2019
We'll be looking at our choices for the BEST UTVs of the 2018 Dirt Trax Season and getting ...
KIMPEX CLICK-N-GO 2 Snow Plow Install and Overview
January 2, 2019
In the Trail Tech shop, AJ prepares for winter as he installs and reviews a KIMPEX CLICK-N-GO ...
Full Review of the 2019 Textron Off Road Alterra 570 XT
January 1, 2019
Luke reveals the differences between what we need and what we want as off-roaders as he reviews ...
Riding with Hunter Miller at TexPlex Park
January 3, 2019
Luke travels south just outside of Dallas, Texas to TexPlex Park - which is a 1000 acre outdoor ...
Get Ready for Textron Off Road in 2019
December 27, 2018
Following an exciting 2018 season, Luke highlights what is to come from Textron Off Road in ...
Top Gear View All
December 24, 2018
Dalton Industries Clutch Kit for Maverick X3 Turbo R
The new Dalton Industries clutch kit for 2017-2019 Can-Am Maverick X3 Turbo R offers a more positive belt engagement, better belt ...
Ask Motorhead View All
April 18, 2017
WILDCAT TRAIL VS. WILDCAT SPORT
Would you be happier with a Wildcat Trail or would you go for a Wildcat Sport if you had your choice?
Headlines View All
January 18, 2019
BRP’S CAN-AM MAVERICK X3 SIDE-BY-SIDE VEHICLE WINS THE DAKAR RALLY AGAIN
Maverick X3 side-by-side (SxS) vehicle has won the 41st edition of the Dakar Rally in South America for the second year in a row.
Tourism View All
November 17, 2017
WIN AN OFF-ROAD FAMILY ADVENTURE GETAWAY
Win an Off-Road Family Adventure Getaway at Spearhead Trails in beautiful Southwest Virginia.