Press Release –
Monster Energy Kawasaki ATV rider Josh Creamer finished a cold and rainy race with an impressive fourth-place overall during round three of the AMA ATV Motocross Series in Bowling Green, KY. Teammate Russell Shumaker finished in the top-10 with a strong eighth-place overall, while Keith Little finished 14th.
Creamer has shown notable speed in the past few races. In Kentucky, he raced two solid motos to prove he can run at the front. In the first moto, he tangled with another rider and came from 18th place to finish third. In the second moto, he rode through the rain to finish eighth, taking fourth overall.
“The quad was feeling really good,” said Creamer. ÄúIn the first moto, I didn’t get mad about where I started and just got in a groove. I kept making smart passes and was really happy with my finish.”
Shumaker earned his best result of the series with his consistent performance in both motos. When the rain came, he rode smooth and came across the finish with an eighth overall.
“I didn’t get the start I wanted in the first moto, but I worked through it,” said Shumaker. “In the second moto I had to throw off my goggles because they were getting fogged up. I did what I could and overall pretty happy with how I rode.”
The weather in Bowling Green, Ky. had been cold all weekend. On Sunday, it was raining off an on all day but about 20 minutes before the second moto started, the skies opened up and it just poured.
“We were just covered in mud by end of the first lap,” said Creamer. “My neck was getting sore from holding up my helmet that was just covered in mud. It was crazy.”
Little finished just outside the top-10 in the first moto and 14th during the second moto to finish with a 14th overall for the weekend.
The last few rounds of the AMA series have helped the team continue to develop the bike for the start of the WPSA in May. With the results proving the Kawasaki KFX¬Æ450R can run up front, the green team could be the ones to beat at the season opener.
For all the pictures, videos and most recent Kawasaki racing action, visit www.kawasaki.com/racing
AMA Pro ATV Championship Series
ATV Pro Class (Moto Finishes)
1. Doug Gust, Salem, Wis., Suzuki, 2-2
2. Jasmin Plante, Norte Dame, QC, Yamaha, 6-3
3. Dustin Wimmer, Center Valley, Pa., Suzuki, 1-12
4. JOSH CREAMER, N. STONINGTON, CONN., MONSTER ENERGY KAWASAKI, 3-8
5. Rocco Arno, Jr., Bridgeton, N.J., Honda, 9-4
6. John Natalie, Houtzdale, Pa., Can Am, 17-1
7. Pat Brown, Pittstown, N.J., Yamaha, 10-7
8. RUSSELL SHUMAKER, BRISTOL, WIS., MONSTER ENERGY KAWASAKI, 8-9
9. Richard Pelchat, St. Romuald, Quebec, Can Am, 15-5
10. Sage Baker, Shasta Lake, Calif., Can Am, 14-6
14. KEITH LITTLE SPRUCE PINE, ALA., MONSTER ENERGY KAWASAKI, 11-14