Press Release –
Thousands Gather in Glamis to Celebrate the Yamaha Rhino Rally at the Dune Tour
Thousands of off-road enthusiasts flocked to the Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation Area, commonly known as “Glamis,” in Southern California this past weekend (March 20-23) to celebrate one of their favorite past times with family and friends at the Yamaha Rhino Rally at the Dune Tour.
The event, officially named the Rhino Rally at the Dune Tour presented by Yamaha, attracted approximately 1,800 registered attendees and their families and friends.
By the end of the weekend, approximately 4,500 people had participated in some part of the event and brought Yamaha Rhino Side-by-Side vehicles, ATVs and other off-highway vehicles (OHVs) from California, Arizona, Utah and farther all to enjoy a weekend of activities in Glamis, the Mecca of U.S. sand dunes.
“The Rhino Rally at the Dune Tour was a great success, and we were excited to see so many of our customers enjoying Glamis with their family and friends,” said Steve Nessl, Yamaha’s ATV/SxS group marketing manager. “This event is a great opportunity for Yamaha to show our appreciation to our customers and to spend some time with them doing what we all love to do — ride, relax and spend some time in the outdoors. The Dune Tour did an outstanding job with all of the activities, and we’re already looking forward to the next Rhino Rally.”
The 2009 Rhino Rally at the Dune Tour presented by Yamaha was produced by PGI Media. Here’s a look at the event by the numbers:
– Approximately 1,800 people registered for the event with approximately 4,500 participating in the different event activities throughout the weekend.
– Six hundred and thirty scavenger hunt cards were returned from people who completed all six stops.
– More than $20,000 worth of raffle prizes were given away.
– Nineteen people participated in the karaoke contest for the all-new Yamaha EF2000iS Generator Grand Prize.
– Fourteen Rhinos entered the “Yamaha Rhino” Class Show and Shine.
– Three hundred people attended the Drive in Movie on Friday night.
– More than 100 kids participated in the Easter Egg Hunt and one lucky winner took home the Yamaha Kids Power Quad grand prize.
– More than 1,000 people enjoyed the Dune Tour lunch under or around the Yamaha tent.
– Approximately 80 people participated in the Yamaha demo rides on Rhino 700 FI SxS vehicles and Grizzly 700 FI EPS, Grizzly 550 FI EPS, Raptor 250 and YFZ450R ATVs.
– Five trailer loads of trash were collected.
More information, stories and photographs are available at: www.thedunetour.com