Clackamas, OR (8/25/17) – Warn Industries has released a new winch for the powersports market, specifically aimed at the growing sport side x side segment. The WARN ProVantage 4500-SSD (Synthetic Short Drum) offers 4,500 lbs. (2041 kg) of pulling capacity, specifically designed to meet the needs of a side x side. But this winch has a narrower short-drum configuration to fit the mounting constraints of compact sport side x sides, such as the Polaris RZR.
The 4500-SSD is 1.3″ (3.3 cm) narrower than the regular WARN ProVantage 4500. Some of that space savings comes from the narrower “short drum.” This drum is 3.13″ wide, vs. the standard ProVantage’s 4.85″ drum (7.95 cm vs. 12.3 cm, respectively). However, like the standard ProVantage 4500, this winch features a rugged all-metal gear end housing and powerful permanent magnet motor.
Other features include:
– 50′ of 3/16″ synthetic rope and double-powder-coated hawse fairlead
– Hook, tie rods, and body feature attractive, corrosion-resistant black finish
– Illuminated dash-mounted control switch and corded remote
– Three-stage planetary gear train for smooth, efficient operation
– Ergonomic short-throw clutch handle
– Patented roller disc brake for outstanding control while winching
– Fully sealed motor and drive train to keep the elements out
– Warranty: Limited lifetime, 3 year electrical (North America)