Press Release –
Monster Energy Kawasaki ATV rider William Yokley continued working up the ranks with a sixth place finish during round eight of the GNCC series in Snowshoe, W. Va.
The brand-new venue was located at a scenic ski resort, with parts of the course going up and down the ski slopes.
The live-engine start, which was different than other rounds, saw Yokley going into the first woods section in seventh. After getting stuck behind lapped riders, Yokley posted the fastest lap time of the day on lap three and rode to a solid sixth-place finish.
I was really pleased with how my bike was working, said Yokley. The motor and clutch worked perfect and the brakes and suspension were spot on. Best of all, I was right in the hunt for a podium finish. I feel good about how my Kawasaki KFX®450R is developing, and can’t wait for the next race.
Yokley currently sits ninth in the XC1 point standings.
The Monster Energy Kawasaki ATV team will take a two month break until round nine of the GNCC ATV series resumes in Somerset, Pa., on September 1.
GNCC, ATV Series Round 8: Snowshoe Snowshoe, W. VA
GNCC ATV, XC1 Class Results
1. Bill Ballance, Smith Grove, Ky., Yamaha
2. Chris Borich, Sunbury, Pa., Honda
3. Matt Smiley, Kunkletown, Pa., Honda
4. Chris Bithell, Irwin, Pa., Honda
5. Adam McGill, West Union, W.Va., Honda
6. WILLIAM YOKLEY, TOMPKINSVILLE, KY., MONSTER ENERGY KAWASAKI
7. Chris Jenks, Washington, W.Va., Honda
8. Bryan Cook, Casar, N.C., Honda
9. Santo Derisi, Casar, N.C., Honda
10. Bryan baker, Knob Noster, Mis., Polaris
GNCC ATV, XC1 Class Standings
1. Bill Ballance, Smith Grove, Ky., Yamaha, 155
2. Chris Borich, Sunbury, Pa., Honda, 152
3. Chris Bithell, Irwin, Pa., Honda, 132
4. Taylor Kiser, Alva, Fla., Yamaha, 120
5. Matt Smiley, Kunkletown, Pa., Honda, 112
6. Adam McGill, West Union, W.Va., Honda, 107
7. Chris Jenks, Washington, W. Va., Honda, 97
8. Bryan Cook, Casar, N.C., Honda, 94
9. WILLIAM YOKLEY, TOMPKINSVILLE, KY., MONSTER ENERGY KAWASAKI, 93
10. Duane Johnson, Trenton, Mo., Honda, 74