Introduce a youth rider to fun with the new 2018 Alterra 150 from Textron Off Road. The 150 is a youth transitional ATV that delivers full-sized fun, handling and performance in a midsized package. Its built with the T-14 rider rating for riders 14 years and older.
The Alterra 150 is a two-wheel drive machine powered by a spirited 149cc, SOHC 4-stroke air- cooled engine thats as rider-friendly as it is tough. A fully automatic CVT transmission simpli es driving, offering the ease of Forward, Neutral and Reverse. Hydraulic rear disc brakes deliver full stopping power, while fully enclosed shaft drive adds durability with no maintenance required.
Its steel-framed chassis features an A-Arm front suspension and rear swingarm suspension, both with 3.5 inches of travel with the front dampened by 5-position adjustable shocks to handle a range of operator sizes and riding styles. Front drum brakes with rear hydraulic disk brakes provide positive, self- cleaning stopping power in all conditions with zero adjustment.
Functional racks on the 4×2 model have a 25-pound front capacity and 50-pound rear rack capacity, while a digital instrument pod displays speedometer, odometer, trip meter, digital clock, coolant temperature, fuel gauge and indicator lights for neutral, reverse and high beam lights. Safety features include a governed top speed of 20 mph, but with the ability to reach 30 mph.
– 149cc, SOHC 4-stroke, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine and electric start
– Fully automatic CVT transmissions with Forward and Reverse
– Shaft drive durability with zero maintenance
– Electric start with a recoil backup
– Adjustable ve position preload front
shocks with linkage-type adjustable
– 25-pound/50-pound carrying capacity on
the front/rear racks
– 300-pound towing capacity
– Hand and foot operated disc brakes – Digital speedometer and odometer