Press Release –
Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Josh Creamer rode a strong race to round out the top 10 during the fourth round of the AMA ATV Motocross Series at Birch Creek MX in Danville, Va.
Teammate Keith Little finished 13th, while Russell Shumaker finished 19th.
Monster Energy Kawasaki Under the Tent
Coming from Behind
Creamer over came some bad luck in the first moto to come back and finish in the top-10.
After getting a fifth-place start in the first moto and starting his charge to the front, Creamer was hit from behind, causing him to go over the bars.
He got back up and finished a respectable 13th. In the second moto, he worked his way up from 13th to finish in sixth, giving him a 10th overall.
“I had to ride really aggressive because the track only had one good line,” said Creamer. “I was taking the bad lines in order to pass people, but it worked out in the second moto coming back up to sixth. If I hadn’t gotten taken out in the first moto, I feel I could have been on the podium.”
On Saturday, Creamer ran the fastest time in practice and received the top-qualifier award for the weekend. It was great proof that the Kawasaki KFX®450R can run at the top.
Little and Shumaker
In the first moto, Little earned an eighth-place finish, but got stuck in the back of the second moto and finish 16th.
He ended up with a 13th overall. The youngest team member, Shumaker, finished 19th overall after a mechanical in the first moto.
Can I Have Your Autograph?
The Monster Energy Kawasaki rig was host to a busy autograph signing on Sunday. Fans lined up to get the autograph of their favorite Kawasaki riders.
AMA Pro ATV Championship Series
Birch Creek MX – Danville, Va: April 27, 2008
ATV Pro Class (Moto Finishes)
1. Joe Byrd, Union City, Tenn., Honda 1-1
2. Dustin Wimmer, Center Valley, Pa., Suzuki, 2-2
3. Jason Dunkelberger, Trevorton, Pa., Honda, 3-8
4. Doug Gust, Salem, Wis., Suzuki, 4-7
5. Jeremy Lawson, Battletown, Ky., Can Am, 6-5
6. Josh Upperman, Louisville, Ohio, Honda, 11-3
7. Harold Goodman, Brownstown, Mich., Honda, 10-4
8. John Natalie, Houtzdale, Pa., Can Am, 5-11
9. Cody Miller, Greenville, Texas, Can Am, 9-9
10. JOSH CREAMER, N. STONINGTON, CONN., MONSTER ENERGY KAWASAKI, 13-6
13. KEITH LITTLE SPRUCE PINE, ALA., MONSTER ENERGY KAWASAKI, 8-16
19. RUSSELL SHUMAKER, BRISTOL, WIS., MONSTER ENERGY KAWASAKI, 20-18
ATV Pro Class Points
1. Dustin Wimmer, Center Valley, Pa., Suzuki, 159
2. Doug Gust, Salem, Wis., Suzuki, 131
3. John Natalie, Houtzdale, Pa., Can Am, 100
4. Joe Byrd, Union City, Tenn., Honda, 99
5. JOSH CREAMER, N. STONINGTON, CONN., MONSTER ENERGY KAWASAKI, 92
6. Chad Wienen, Galena, Ill., Suzuki, 90
7. Harold Goodman, Brownstown, Mich., Honda, 88
8. Jason Dunkelberger, Trevorton, Pa., Honda, 70
9. Rocco Arno Jr., Bridgeton, N.J., Honda, 70
10. Jeremy Lawson, Battletown, Ky., Can Am, 65