Press Release –
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited (ODG) of New Hamburg, Ontario, announced today its collaboration with world famous hunting expert Jim Shockey to design the ultimate ARGO 8×8 all season all-terrain amphibious vehicle.
Jim Shockey, who has spent the last 26 years as a hunting guide and outfitter in the Yukon and other parts of western Canada, and the world, has always appreciated what the ARGO has to offer.
“I was excited when ARGO came to me and told me about their idea for a Jim Shockey Signature Series ARGO, because it gave us the opportunity of working together to design what I believe is the best big game hunting machine on earth. My Signature Series ARGO incorporates all of the performance and comfort enhancements that I’ve personally recommended to Argo, and they’ve delivered! I’m proud that it carries my name!”
The new Jim Shockey Model Limited Edition is powered by a 31 hp 748 cc electronic fuel-injected Kohler LH 775 engine for great performance in challenging terrain.
It has load capacity of 1150 lbs and can tow up to 1800 lbs. All this power is matched by a commitment to respecting the environment with low emission rates that meet both EPA and CARB standards.
The 25” Rawhide III Tires can get through extreme terrain with their aggressive tread pattern and lug size, and their excellent approach and departure angles allow for easy travel over obstacles. And it doesn’t matter what the weather is like because it operates reliably in cold weather and in high altitudes.
The fuel delivery system manages itself without a manual choke control and new on-board diagnostics ensure peace of mind and ease of maintenance.
JIM SHOCKEY SIGNATURE SERIES SPECIAL EQUIPMENT:
• Power winch assembly features the heavy- duty X-3 (4000lb) winch with a roller fair lead, cable-free spool, and wireless hand held remote for increased versatility.
• Front brushguard with 2 integrated 55W Fog Lights for extra visibility when you need it.
• Thick comfortable front bench seat with extra padding
• Cool air intake screen with a hinged access door for easy cleaning and debris removal.
• Jim Shockey Signature Series Badges.
• Garmin GPSMAP 60Cx handlebar mounted GPS includes a12 volt adapter and US & Canada Topo Map CD’s.
The Jim Shockey Limited Edition will be available for orders starting in April 2007 and will be delivered to the Authorized ARGO Dealer closest to the purchaser’s location. Similar vehicles will be available for demo rides at dealers. MSRP Jim Shockey Limited Edition: CAD $23,295
For a look at the highlights and new features of the Jim Shockey Limited Edition, click on ARGOATV.com